Our power went out due to a tree falling on a power pole and cracking it in half. That was about 3:30pm during 90+ degree heat. The house stayed cool for a while and we decided to stick it out since they said it would be back by 5:45. But that estimate was before they knew what was really wrong, I think. By 6:30 with no power, we went to get a bite to eat. Hoping they would have it fixed by the time we went home was silly. Of course they wouldn't. There wasn't even a crew at the problem area yet. I called the power company just to make sure they knew where the issue was since I was able to see it by our house and they said it should be before 10. We took our chances and put Brohm to bed in the warm house instead of a hotel. It was finally 1am when the power was restored to our very hot and sticky house. I really don't know what people do without A/C!!
This picture is Brohm watching his portable DVD player and playing Hide & Seek with his cars inside his boots. Even though it was warm in the house, he insisted on wearing his cowboy boots!
No comments:
Post a Comment