Peter was gone 2 years ago at Halloween so I saved the pumpkins that I had purchased to carve together. Halloween was over and there was no rush to move that activity to the top of our priority list so it took a really long time for us to get around to the carving. It was February actually. These poor pumpkins had been sitting out for months and had frozen then thawed a few times (even though we were in Tucson, the nights do get cold) so carving them was very stinky and a little strange. It was still fun and we proudly displayed them as long as we could stand it. I know our neighbors thought we were really weird but we had fun!

Last year we were both home and got to carve our pumpkins on Halloween to display for our 3 trick-or-treaters. We even attempted to carve a few of little ones. The cell phone pictures don't come out very well, but you can still see our beautiful artwork.


This year Peter will be gone again on Halloween and we are supposed to be moving into our new house the same weekend so I will be busy. I am not sure what the pumpkin adventure will be this year but I know we will do something silly. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment