21 September 2009

free internet

We *borrow* internet from our neighbors who don't have a password on their wireless network. It is very convenient and cheap so it is hard to complain... until somebody tries to log in to your bank account. I got an alert in my e-mail, which I am able to see on my phone, that my account has been frozen for security purposes.
It could be a total fluke. But if it isn't, the person who owns the internet we are *sharing* has found a way to find us - and our personal info. Scary. Is that even possible?
So I am currently at Panera (poor me!) and using their internet which I feel is much safer than being at home. It is also a pain in the butt.
I love having the internet available on my phone but it is nothing like being on the computer. Typing a lot in an e-mail makes my thumbs hurt and trying to navigate a web page can be quite difficult. So Panera and I will be come very friendly over the next month or so until we get into our own place and sign up for internet, tv and phone service.

No comments: